FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN MUFFINS
Makes 12 muffins Make a batch and freeze. Use as needed. Great to have as is without any condiments if you are in a hurry. INGREDIENTS:
- 200ml (4/5 cup) FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN Smart food™ (Vanilla flavour)
- 250ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 5ml (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 20ml (4 teaspoons) baking powder
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) sugar
- 1 egg
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) butter/margarine/coconut oil
- 250ml (1 cup) low-fat/full cream milk
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter for each muffin’s centre
*Optional: Grate 1 cup carrot or apples and few tablespoons of seeds to the wet ingredients. METHOD:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and grease a muffin tin.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk egg. Add the butter/margarine/coconut oil and milk to the beaten egg and whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredient and fold together until just combined.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into greased muffin tin. Spoon a teaspoon of peanut butter into each centre of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- Freeze in an airtight bag or enjoy fresh.
*To defrost leave to thaw at room temperature.